Friday, July 12, 2013

Night Skiing

Have you ever ski at night?
Is it dangerous to ski at night?
Can we see the ski trail at night?

Actually the whole ski resort is lighted up brightly during night, it is as good as skiing in the morning. In fact it is more comfortable skiing by the night unlike day time you need to fight with the broad day glare.


The expert  is queuing for the Ski Lift- takes you the higher ground of the ski trail and  ski down enjoying the moment of speeding down!!


We took the cable car to venture a bit further.

Before the cable car, we saw many good looking Korean hunks holding their snowboard on the side of their shoulder and walking towards the same direction. Being curious, I took my other half to the cable car to see where these hunks are going. The cable car actually took us to where the snowboarding ground. 

The hunks are in action..


 It look easy huh? Earlier of the day, we meet a Hongkey at the practice ground with rented snowboard. He has difficulty to move around after putting the snowboard on. Further down, we saw a Korean daddy teaching his little girl (in her teens) snowboarding. She is practicing  how to stop the snowboard as and when she wanted. Every time she try to stopped the snowboard she fell down and her daddy run over and get her back on her feet. My point is snowboarding is hardest to learn. It is probably easier to ski than snowboard.

When we were at the Beginner trail, often we saw the parents teaching their little one (5 yro and above) to ski. The parents letting their hands off while the kids will ski down the slope. As the little one picking up the speed they got out of control especially when their A brake didn't not work.. the parents will ski down quickly and rescue them. In my heart, I wish my other half can ski as skillful as the parents and come rescue me when my A brake does not work. Often it is just my day dream cause he always no where to be seen during skiing. Sigh!!

The building further down is where the resort located. This place is really high up and it was very windy and extremely cold.

 The expert were snowboarding down there while beginner like me observing from the cable car. 
How I wish one day I could ski like the expert.... :p


Yongpyong Resort Ski & Snowboard
Gangwon-do Pyeongchang-gun Doam-myeon Yongsan-ri 130
http://www.yongpyong.co.kr/eng/ski/overview.asp



No comments: