Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Skiing @ Pyeongchang

Yongpyong Ski Resort located in Pyeongchang about 2 hours drive from Seoul.
The very same resort is actually the filming location of Winter Sonata in year 2002.
That was so long ago rite?

My first trip Yongpyong back in 2002 after the broadcast of Winter Sonata.
Back then, I have no idea who is Bae Yong Joon ..
Hahahaa that's because I only watched that series in 2004
Coming back again after 11 years, the resort has expanded and still maintained well.


Overall view of the resort



We took the cable car to see the expert snowboarding near the hill. I will separately blog about it later.

This will lead you to the skiing area

It was snowing in the wee hours and now bright and sunny. I could not walk around without a sunglasses as the glare gave me bad headaches.

The beginner slope and practice area

These are ski trail for beginner, look easy but it is very scary



Yongpyong Resort Ski & Snowboard
Gangwon-do Pyeongchang-gun Doam-myeon Yongsan-ri 130
http://www.yongpyong.co.kr/eng/ski/overview.asp








No comments: